CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

[Trans] Pati-Pati February 2009 Issue


This was from their Pati-Pati February 2009 Issue!

It’s finally here! Their 25th single, also the first single of 2009 [Bolero/ Kiss the Baby Sky/ Please don’t forget] includes songs that have been written and composed by Yoochun and Jaejoong!

They always run towards a piano and start performing whenever they find on in their waiting lounge or the set of their music video. Although they’ve shown their skill at composing a while back, they’ve still given us a surprise this time! This is a single filled with hit songs which complements the energy of this New Year.

---- [Bolero/Kiss the Baby Sky/ Please don’t forget] shows off the genres you’ve done so far and yet shows off more of your strengths, it really lives up to its name of the first single of 2009 
All: Thank you

---- This single expresses your brilliant highs and lows in 2008. Looking back once more to 2008, what kind of year was it? 
JJ: An intense year *laughs*
YH: We realized the goals we set, and it was a really happy year.

--- So, are there any hit songs amongst all the songs (in your single)? 
JS: There are many!
JJ & YC: *laugh shyly*
--- So, please quickly introduce your songs. We’ll change the order a bit, and start from the song Jaejoong wrote and composed [Please don’t forget] 
JJ: Why so sudden!
JS: *sings* Please don’t forget~
JJ: The lyrics are about not wanting to forget the person you broke up with and not wanting the other person to forget about you. Waiting for the one person even if he/she has a new lover; just an average kind of love where it’s alright no matter when the person comes back to you.

--- Compared to an average kind of love, it seems more like self sacrificial/devotional love.
JJ: It doesn’t matter what happens to me, because you’re the most important person to me… (T/N: That’s the kind of feeling his song is trying to express)
CM: That was amazing~ I didn’t know how to say it because I was embarrassed *laughs*
--- Therefore, it’s like never telling the other party, just thinking that way in your heart. 
JJ: Yeah. Nevertheless, (the person in the song) really wants to say it… Always wishing for his/her ex to be happy

---- On the other hand, someone who just quietly wishes for the person he/she loves to be happy must be a really amazing person. 
CM: But if you don’t handle it well, you’ll become a stalker *laughs*
JJ: I’m not like that!!

--- Determination is part of Jaejoong’s character 
JJ: That’s true!
---- I think after the fans read this report, they’ll be able to empathize with this. Feeling really warm just thinking ‘If you feel that way, then please be happy~’ 
JJ: I feel really good. Not just the females, but I hope that the males would listen to this song too.
--- After reading the lyrics, it seems like it’s written from a male’s point of view. 
JJ: Therefore, females, please understand how the males feel after reading the lyrics!
--- I see *laughs* And the melody is really gentle/sweet. 
JS: You’ll feel sad/touched when listening to it.
YC: It’s a great representative of a J-Pop ballad
YH: It has the J-pop element and yet Jaejoong’s feelings flow within the song. It’s really great and that’s the strength of the song.
--- It’s warm, yet sad/touching, Jaejoong’s character shows through the lyrics and the melody. 
YC: If this song was the ending song of a drama, I think it’ll make people cry.

--- To be more precise, it should be those kind of dramas about pure love. 
CM: Ever since I first heard that song, I thought it was a great song~ I really wanted to sing this song and it was the first time I praised Jaejoong *laughs*
JJ: Up till now, whenever Changmin listens to the songs that I’ve completed, he’ll calmly point out the weak points/ lacking points of the song. *laughs* This time, he didn’t say anything in the beginning, and said ‘that was good’ at the end. That was how he praised me! *full of smiles*

--- To be able to garner the praise of the cool/calm Changmin and not anyone else must’ve been a very happy time for you. 
CM: Although I wanted to say something , I ended up not saying anything *laughs*
---- Anyway, [Kiss the Baby Sky] composed by Yoochun also stretched Changmin's high voice to the limit *laughs* 
CM: Of course. I really liked the song from Yoochun’s rap in the introduction, so of course I would’ve been able to do it (T/N: Reach the high part)
JS: It’s more like you didn’t have a choice *laughs*
--- I heard the rap was filled with Yoochun’s style. Although it’s different in genre as compared to Jaejoong’s [Please don’t forget] but both songs have a touching and warm feel. 
YC: If you only listen to the arrangement of the song, it gives off a ‘bright/sunny’ feel, yet the lyrics are really sad. Nevertheless, the end has a positive vibe and a feeling of hope. It’s a song that’s like the morning.

---- It’s a song that makes a person feel like looking at the sky 
JS: Let’s kiss! *Everyone laughs*
YH: It’s a song that really suits English.
JJ: In addition, there’s not a single word of English in my song.

--- That’s because of your characters….However, to be able write such great lyrics in Japanese was probably something you didn’t even dare to imagine 3 years ago. Was this your first time writing lyrics in Japanese? 
JJ: Yeah. If I didn’t understand the subtle nuances of the language, I’ll ask our manager.
YC: It was easy for me since it was half English. At first I was thinking ‘It’d be great if we can put it into our summer album released in Korea!’, but after letting our members listen to it, everyone said it was great… So we decided to record it in this single, and it also became the theme song for weather reports. I was really happy!

---- Personally, I think that when you sing this song live, you’ll sing the chorus along with your fans
YH: I really want to sing live in front of everyone. Coincidentally, the lyrics of all 3 songs are connected!
JS: *in English* Mystery!
YH: The first song [Bolero] is a standard ballad song. Something special about this song was that we tried singing in a whole new 6/8 beat. I think only a mature THSK will be able to project the mature/grown up view of the world that this song takes on.
JS: *In English* Oh really? *With strange sounding English pronunciation (T/N: I didn’t write this, the reporter did xD Everything Junsu says from here on is English) This is special songs.
YC: Shouldn’t it be ‘song’ (T/N: Chun forgot the ‘A’. ‘This is A special song’ My goodness)
JS: *Ignores Yoochun and continues recklessly* Lady plays ballet
YC: *Dies laughing*
JS: Polaris bright….
Everyone: ……
JS: Oh my god! *Everyone starts laughing!!*
YH: If we were to translate that, it’s a lady dancing ballet under the moon. It shows the male’s feelings and hopes of trying to protect and look after a girl who’s heading brightly towards her dreams. Just like Polaris.
CM: It’s a song with development. Especially after the 2nd chorus ends, from Junsu’s falsetto onwards, that’s where the climax is.
YH: *in English* Good song!
--- Even Yunho’s starting to speak in English *laughs* So, lastly, please state your wishes for the new year. 
YC: I want to go on a trip with my family
YH: I want to try snowboarding and such.
JJ: I want to become busier. I don’t need any holidays
YC: But I need them *laughs*
CM: I want to read 30 books.
----If you want to read 30 books, last year Junsu said he wanted to write 30 songs. What about this year? 
JS: …..I’ll work hard! *in English* 2009 Fighting Fighting! Power opens! Let’s go! *laughs*
-End-

Please do not remove translation out of this post. Ask for Sparkskey's permission if you like to re-post this.

Translated by: Sparkskey @LJ
Credits to: DNBN

0 comments: